The Santa Clara County Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous is pleased to share the technology used on this website with others. Below you will find information on what we’re using.
Digital Basket Committee
An Intergroup committee has formed to investigate methods that groups may use to collect 7th Tradition contributions online. We have been following the research that San Francisco Intergroup has done on this.
In the Holiday Issue of GSO’s newsletter (12/6/17), they mention San Francisco’s work and interview a NYC meeting treasurer who is using Venmo.
We are eager to hear group experiences with Venmo and other electronic 7th Tradition payments. Please join us or send us email using the form below.
The next committee meeting will be Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 at 6:45PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 3151 Union Ave, San Jose, in the room that the Intergroup meeting is held in at 7:30.
Products in Use on This Site
We are running WordPress, with the Twenty Fourteen theme. The meeting listings are handled by the 12 Step Meeting List plugin, and the calendar is handled by The Events Calendar. Forms are by Gravity Forms. Here is a short screencast video on how to set it all up.
The meeting list data for Santa Clara County is maintained by Central Office and is available in the following formats:
Are you a designer or programmer and want to get into service for AA? We have a number of projects that could use your help. Contact us using the form below. Skills that we’re looking for in particular:
- WordPress developers, to help with this site
- Ionic / AngularJS, to help with mobile app development
- VueJS, to help with plugin development
Here are some ideas for technology projects, suggest one or add support for one by emailing email@example.com.
- Multilingual options (WordPress)
- Donation page (WordPress / PayPal API / Stripe API)
- Audit our Google Analytics / Google Webmaster Tools accounts to spot issues or opportunities, set traffic goals (SEO)
- Test restoring site from backup (DevOps)
- Improvements to meeting finder plugin (WordPress)