AA Technology News
3/6/18 • Did you know there is an official AA YouTube Channel? Check it out and let us know if you think we should include any of the videos on our site (use the form below).
Here are some ideas for technology projects, suggest one or add support for one by contacting us using the form below. We are in the development process of a new home website.
Additional Help Needed:
Digital designer (for WordPress website) – Role description:
- Helping develop brand identity
- Color scheme
- Strategy/concept development
- Experience designing for websites
- Time requirement: 30-40 hrs.
- Multilingual options (WordPress)
- Audit our Google Analytics / Google Webmaster Tools accounts to spot issues or opportunities, set traffic goals (SEO)
- Test restoring site from backup (DevOps)
- Improvements to meeting finder plugin (WordPress)
Digital Basket Committee
An Intergroup committee has formed to investigate methods that groups may use to collect 7th Tradition contributions digitally. That committee has come up with the following information (please click below for details):
Neither Intergroup nor Central Office can guarantee the results you might obtain using this information. Further, we would strongly suggest that your group be well advised before establishing a bank account or requesting that a member use their personal bank account. We are eager to hear group experiences with Venmo and other electronic 7th Tradition payments. Please share your experiences and suggestions with us.
Products in Use on This Site
We are running WordPress, with the Twenty Fourteen theme. The meeting listings are handled by the 12 Step Meeting List plugin, and the calendar is handled by The Events Calendar. Forms are by Gravity Forms. Contributions are handled with WooCommerce. Here is a short screencast video on how to set it all up.
The meeting list data for Santa Clara County is maintained by Central Office and is available in the following formats:
Are you a designer or programmer and want to get into service for AA? We have a number of projects that could use your help. Contact us using the form below. Skills that we’re looking for in particular:
- WordPress developers, to help with this site
- Ionic / AngularJS, to help with mobile app development
- VueJS, to help with plugin development
Contact the Web Servant
Use this form to report issues with the appearance or functionality of the site. For content issues, please contact Central Office.